Tuesday, February 28, 2012
King Corn
I have spent a good part of my life living in other countries, and often around farms. So it was mildly surprising to see how different most American farms are from what I'm used to. I hadn't really seen just how bad the conditions were. However, it's also not surprising in a way. Comparing the quality of food among these countries, the meat you can buy elsewhere tastes completely different from what you get here. Now that I know what makes it different, I'm rather glad I don't buy many meat products here in the US. However, I feel that the amount of corn that is present in other products I buy and eat easily makes up for what I miss in beef. Although the commercials advertise corn syrup as a substitute for sugar, and say that our bodies can't tell the difference, I'm pretty sure something so completely artificial has a negative effect on our bodies and our lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment